Amy Jackson is founder and director of The Perch, which provides space and skills for soul care. She is a former publisher at Christianity Today and has served in pastoral ministry. Today, Amy shares how she went from kid who didn’t think God was worth it to all in on him. Her story teaches us how faithful the Lord is to lead even when we question whether or not he knows what he’s doing. If you have more questions than answers, this episode is for you.
Listen to Amy’s story here or in your favorite podcast app now!
Stories Amy shared:
- Growing up in Aurora, Illinois in a family that didn’t go to church
- Asking too many questions in her confirmation class
- Going to testimony night at her friend’s youth group
- Giving her life to Christ in that youth group and quickly becoming a leader
- Quickly outgrowing formulaic expressions of her faith
- The Christian Campus House where her discipleship deepened
- Discovering her pastoral skills through ministry
- Running a small group ministry at her church
- Losing her job and looking for new ones
- Getting an internship at Christianity Today
- The gratitude she had to God for her heart
- The shift that changed her trajectory
- Venturing out to produce her first two events
- Launching the Perch full time as her job
Great quotes from Amy:
Small groups have always been part of my faith walk.
He is more loving and more graceful than we could ever comprehend.
Resources we mentioned: