- Growing up the child of immigrants
- His mother’s pentecostal roots
- Being molested as a child and the behavior that followed
- Getting into a gang
- Hearing the voice of God all his life
- Forming his identity in lock up
- Going to boarding school and washing his mind of the world
- The prayer when he called out to God for salvation
- How hard it was to find a church looking like a gangster
- The dream that convinced him to leave the Mormon church
- Deciding he needed to be more authentic
- Learning the Bible for the first time
- Becoming himself in Christ and studying on his own
- Getting custody of his children
- How he started his podcast
Great quotes from Leonard:
I always used to say, “All my friends either kill, steal, or deal.”
The only people who would open their doors to me was the Mormons.
If your truth can’t handle the questions you need to question your truth.
You don’t have to be filled with the Holy Spirit to have a motivational speech.
Resources we mentioned:
Refresh your relationship with Jesus by changing your relationship with the Bible.
Try my brand new Bible experience, Jesus is Willing: An 8 Day Experience.