David Jacob serves as the missionary in residence and chair of the intercultural studies department at Trinity Bible College and Graduate School in Ellendale, ND. He is also the author of It’s Your Call: To a Missional or Missionary Life. Today, David shares his calling to the mission field, wrestling with God’s silence, and the burning desire that led him to the classroom. Along the way, we discuss why our mission is to pursue the Lord not merely the next step he wants us to take. David’s story reminds us that if we will trust the Lord, he will make the path straight.
Listen to David’s story now!
Stories David shared:
- What it’s like being a missionary in residence
- Growing up in a nominal Christian family going to church on the bus
- Rededicated his life at a Wednesday night group
- Discipleship with his youth pastor
- Becoming the midwest director of Operation Christmas Child
- Wrestling with God’s silence while he sensed a call for more
- The vision he had of Jesus in the car with him
- Starting to sense God’s call to Asia
- Fundraising as ministry for missionaries
- Learning to depend on the Lord in a foreign culture
- The desire to teach introduction to missions
- Why he wrote It’s Your Call: To a Missional or Missionary Life
Great quotes from David:
God, I don’t understand why you’re not speaking.
I have been seeking God’s will instead of God himself.
Fundraising and speaking to other Christians…is an incredible privilege to promote the cause of missions and God’s Kingdom.
Every believer has a role to play in the Great Commission.
Resources we mentioned:
- It’s Your Call: To a Missional or Missionary Call (Snapshot Series Book 2) by David Jacob
- Center for Missionary Mobilization and Retention