Misty Phillip is a speaker, blogger, author, and podcaster. Today, Misty shares her story of falling in love with Jesus over and over again throughout her life. Sounds charming, right? Would be except the way God often leads us to himself is through suffering and Misty is no different. She describes the seasons of her life when one thing after another seemed to go wrong and how she learned to trust God during it all. Misty tells us how she learned joy through sorrow which catalyzed her into a career of writing, speaking, and ministering to others.
Listen to Misty’s story today!
Stories Misty shared:
- Realizing she had opportunities after her children started leaving home
- Growing up in the rural Midwest
- Giving her life to Christ as a young child
- How her brother’s death affected her family
- Why she considered suicide after a break up
- Learning she was pregnant a month after meeting her husband
- How their not being married led them to pursuing other churches
- Having a son with medical issues
- How her community helped her trust God through multiple crises
- Learning she was pregnant just before her 40th birthday
- Carrying that baby until he was stillborn
- The effect her joy through sorrow had on her mother and others
- How she started speaking about her experience
- Attending the She Speaks Conference
- Starting her blog, speaking, and podcast with her husband
Great quotes from Misty:
The Christian walk is not an easy walk but is those difficult, painful things that we experience in life that show us our desperate need for God and he’s there to comfort us and to guide us.
The Word of God was the only thing that I could count on; it was the salve to my soul.
I was truly able to count it all joy even though it was one of the worst experiences of my life.
Resources we mentioned:
- Connect with Misty on her website
- The Struggle is Real: But So is God
- Misty’s podcast By His Grace and my appearance on her show
- Dear Wife book with contributions from Misty
- One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp
- Christian Podcasters Association