Cari Jenkins is an author, spiritual director, and Executive Director of Urban Skye. Today, Cari shares how hard it was to find a mentor who listened to Jesus, her five years of undoing, and learning to sing the song of identity in Jesus. She found Jesus to be completely faithful, even accounting for her unwillingness to listen. Cari’s tender love and experience of him will encourage you to seek his love and your identity in him, too.
Listen to Cari’s story today!
Stories Cari shared:
- Becoming the Executive Director of Urban Skye and their work
- Growing up in Omaha, Nebraska in a strong, Christian family
- Deciding she wanted to love Jesus back at four years old
- Asking someone in her church how to hear God’s voice
- Meeting a woman who would hear from the Lord and making her a mentor
- How John 10:10 helps us listen to God’s voice
- Examples of how she has heard God’s voice and taken action
- Paying attention to the what Scripture says about Jesus
- Praying God would take away anything she placed identity in besides Jesus
- How she learned her identity is in Jesus
Great quotes from Cari:
I want to invest in people who want to invest in people.
I am untethered much of the time from the things that at one time I put my identity.
Identity is the song I’m meant to sing.
When we begin to know the voice of the shepherd, we can actually begin to know what does he say about who we are; it will always lead to goodness, truth, and beauty. Always.
Resources we mentioned:
- Listen and Live: Through the Gospel of John by Cari Jenkins
- Urban Skye
- Cari’s website where you can connect with her
Are you a Christian podcaster trying to grow your show? I’ve got great news for you!
The first ever, Christian Podcast Summit is happening on June 15, 2019!
It’s a virtual summit so no need to pay for flights, hotel, rental cars, etc. Just log in and watch from the comfort of your own home, office, or coffee shop.
What will we be talking about? Glad you asked!
- Michael Woodward of JumbleThink on Getting Great Guests
- Andrew Rappaport on Truth in Podcasting
- Tracy Winchell on Growing Your Email List
- Anna Scheller on Using Twitter Party
- Christel Kurr Taylor on Creating Your Podcast’s Media Kit
- Bryan Entzminger on Steps for Great Audio
- Eric Nevins (me!) on Streamlining Your Guest Process
How do you get access to this summit?
Just click “All Access Passes” to register.
Can’t wait to see you there!