Stories Marc shared:
- Growing up as a Seventh Day Adventist pastor’s kid which required a lot of moving
- The spiritual climate and the identity it created in him
- How his dad’s death changed everything in his life
- The emotional space he held after his dad’s death
- Realizing that working as an architect wasn’t fulfilling him
- Helping people find freedom in the Gospel
- Taking a lead pastor role too early in his spiritual development
- How being so driven impacted his church
- Entering depression for six months
- The retreat for pastors with burn out that was a watershed moment
- Telling his board know his role needed to change
- How changing his church’s structure changed the church
- How being honest about his brokenness gave his church permission to also me authentic
Great quotes from Marc:
I’m in a place where my belonging is settled.
I was living on credit in relation to my family.
The reality that I was living based on performance pulled the rug out from under me.
Asking for help is the opposite of performing.
Resources we mentioned (all links to Amazon are affiliate links that send a portion of the sale back to me):
- The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Wisdom of Your Heart: Discovering the God-Given Purpose and Power of Your Emotions by Mark Alan Schelske
- Discovering Your Authentic Core Values: A step-by-step guide by Marc Alan Schelske
- Marc’s website
Are you a Christian podcaster trying to grow your show? I’ve got great news for you!
The first ever, Christian Podcast Summit is happening on June 15, 2019!
It’s a virtual summit so no need to pay for flights, hotel, rental cars, etc. Just log in and watch from the comfort of your own home, office, or coffee shop.
What will we be talking about? Glad you asked!
- Michael Woodward of JumbleThink on Getting Great Guests
- Andrew Rappaport on Truth in Podcasting
- Tracy Winchell on Growing Your Email List
- Anna Scheller on Using Twitter Party
- Christel Kurr Taylor on Creating Your Podcast’s Media Kit
- Bryan Entzminger on Steps for Great Audio
- Eric Nevins (me!) on Streamlining Your Guest Process
How do you get access to this summit?
Click here for more information. Early bird pricing is at $49 and available until May 19, 2019. After that the price goes up.
Just click “All Access Passes” to register.
Can’t wait to see you there!
Leave a Reply