Cliff Ravenscraft is a motivational speaker, coach, and podcaster who taught podcasting to thousands of people. If you know Cliff, you’ve probably heard his business journey but I was curious about his spiritual journey. Today, Cliff shares how he was exposed to many streams of Christian faith as a young man, how his characteristic zeal led him on a search for what God required of him, and how he learned to accept and love himself because Christ already did. Cliff’s story reminds us that finding ourselves means being in Christ.
Please listen to Cliff’s story now!
Stories Cliff shared:
- Cliff’s mission in life
- His diverse exposure to various churches as a child
- His obsession with having a relationship with Jesus and staying out of hell
- December 9, 1991 as the moment he gave his life to Christ (kinda)
- Dating Tammy and her parent’s requirements
- Trying to live a perfect life
- Finally giving up in college and living it up
- Meeting his future wife Stephanie and sensing the presence of God at her church
- Receiving a word from God through Bill Grim
- Becoming an associate pastor in the Nazarene church
- Giving up on church meetings
- Meeting David Foster and the advice that changed Cliff’s life
- What living in the freedom of Christ looks like daily
Great quotes from Cliff:
I’m already enough today to instantly start adding value to other people’s lives according to the purpose that God has planned for me.
If they’re wrong about all this stuff, I wonder if maybe this whole God thing is not as complicated as they’ve led me to believe that it is.
From the time I was a kid I had a passion and a desire to know God and to be known by him, to be accepted and loved.
Our faith is not a segment of our life; our life is derived by our identity in Christ.
I found myself in Christ and it freed me up to love me.
Resources we mentioned:
Are you a Christian podcaster trying to grow your show? I’ve got great news for you!
The first ever, Christian Podcast Summit is happening on June 15, 2019!
It’s a virtual summit so no need to pay for flights, hotel, rental cars, etc. Just log in and watch from the comfort of your own home, office, or coffee shop.
What will we be talking about? Glad you asked!
Michael Woodward of JumbleThink on Getting Great Guests
Andrew Rappaport on Truth in Podcasting
Tracy Winchell on Growing Your Email List
Anna Scheller on Using Twitter Party
Christel Kurr Taylor on Creating Your Podcast’s Media Kit
Bryan Entzminger on Steps for Great Audio
Eric Nevins (me!) on Streamlining Your Guest Process
How do you get access to this summit?
Just click “All Access Passes” to register.
Can’t wait to see you there!