Brandy Goebel is host of the Road Home to You podcast. Today she shares her story of healing and loss, humility and redemption and God’s plan through all of it. After trauma and trials, she trusted God to hold her above the waves, even if she didn’t quite know how. Those experiences put Brandy into a place to learn more about who he really is and what he wants for her life.
Listen to Brandy’s story today!
Stories Brandy shared:
- Growing up in a church and giving her life to Christ at age 10
- Rebelling when she got to college
- Joining Youth With a Mission (YWAM) so her parents wouldn’t cut her off
- How she came face to face with her pride in YWAM
- Forgiving a prisoner in Perth, Australia and how it helped her heal from her own trauma
- Marrying her high school sweetheart
- How her dad’s death rocked her world
- Learning that her secret affair became public
- How her husband’s response changed her understanding of Jesus
- Going to the “triage church” and her healing process
- Learning about her husband in a new way
- Starting her podcast The Road Home to You
Great quotes from Brandy:
I’m going to travel the world, do theater, and ignore God.
God had me there for a reason and he was not going to let go
Instead of rejection, he just gave me love.
Resources we mentioned:
- The Road Home to You Podcast
- Brandy’s Instagram
- The Challenge of the Disciplined Life: Christian Reflections on Money, Sex, and Power by Richard Foster