Millie Cline is a spiritual director for groups and individuals as well as an Enneagram trainer and consultor. Today, she shares her journey of finding her place in the world and discovering God’s steadfast love. As she advanced in her career she found herself never feeling like she was where she was meant to be. After giving up on trying to chase God’s love through actions, he reminded her that she isn’t loved because of what she does, she’s loved because she’s his child. We all have our doubts about where we belong, but Millie’s story reminds us that God always has a place for us, even if we can’t always see his plan.
Listen to Millie’s story now!
Stories Millie shared:
- Serving as a spiritual director at Urban Skye
- What the practice of spiritual direction is about
- Walking down the aisle at 9 years old in her Southern Baptist church
- Her “tame version” of rebellion in college
- The crisis that made her question the Lord and her direction in life
- Learning to take more risk and let the Lord use her
- The mentors who listened to her and taught her to pray
- Moving to Denver to attend Denver Seminary
- The crisis of faith that helped Millie understand she didn’t have to earn God’s love
- How she felt called to South Africa
- Learning how to minister to others and honing her gifts
- Discovering spiritual formation and direction
- Practicing as a spiritual director and discovering the Enneagram
Great quotes from Millie:
What does it mean to follow Christ not just be a Christian?
God speaks loudly, clearly, and all the time.
The sad part of our lives is that we are rarely listened to.
I believe God is good but I’m not sure God is good to me.
Resources we mentioned:
Get your 8 Day Bible Study now!