Mike Savage is a fellow podcaster, author, and former criminal mastermind. After being caught and sentenced to 15 years in prison he dealt with the constant certainty that his wife would leave him. Today he shares how he came to Christ and made a shocking discovery that helped him understand just how much God loves him. His story proves that even when we think everything’s lost, he still works, if not always precisely how we’re expecting.
Listen to Mike’s Story today!
Stories Mike shared:
- Growing up in a religious family at Southern Baptist churches
- The moment in the prison chapel when he gave his life to Christ
- How he ended up in prison in the first place
- His prison Bible reading habits as he learned the Scriptures
- The contrast between his learning and his certainty that his wife Cynthia was going to leave him
- How he learned of his wife’s sacrifice
- Walking out of prison and seeing his wife waiting
- Getting a job as a professor
Great quotes from Mike:
I didn’t know how un-peaceful I was until the moment that the peace of God hit me
I understood the self-sacrificing love of God through the self-sacrificing love of my wife.
Resources we mentioned:
- A Prisoner’s Perspective: The Redemption of a Criminal Mastermind by Mike Savage
- Mike and Cynthia’s Podcast, A Savage Perspective
- My appearance on A Savage Perspective