Joseph Warren is the host of two podcasts, and a spiritual coach. Today, he shares how he started out a successful businessman but soon found his life spiraling until he hit rock bottom. Joseph climbed out of the pit – with the help of important people in his life – and reclaimed his faith. His honest and raw story will show you that no matter where you are in your life, God will still guide you home.
Listen to Joseph’s story now!
Stories Joseph shared:
- How his parents’ divorce changed his life
- The view he inherited from his parents of God
- The three things he wanted out of life at 19
- Running from everything he knew to pursue fortune
- Burning out and retiring for five years to party
- How his sister took him in and showed him love
- Trying new things when he was bored with success and almost being murdered
- Rebuilding his life slowly in Tampa
- The constant inner nagging to spend time with the Lord
- Deciding to sit with the Lord an hour a day for two weeks
- How the Lord led him into listening prayer through circumstance
Great quotes from Joseph:
I made a decision never to love again.
I’m in control of nothing. The sooner I get that and release control over to God, the sooner things work out.
I said one of the best prayers of my life, “What? What do you want?”
Stop talking when you pray.
Faith is not a solo sport.
Resources we mentioned:
- Surprise by the Power of the Holy Spirit by Jack Deere
- Joseph’s Website
- Daily Holy Hour
- Eric’s appearance on Broken Catholic
Refresh your relationship with Jesus by changing your relationship with the Bible.
Try my brand new Bible experience, Jesus is Willing: An 8 Day Experience.