Sharon Swing is the co-author of Listen to My Life; Maps for Recognizing and Responding to God in my Story. Today she shares how listening and life maps aided her in her own journey and how she adapted it to help others in their journeys as well. Through multiple experiences she found where she was meant to be and how she could help people push on from where they are right now. She gives some of her tricks to life mapping and encourages us all to reflect on our own journeys.
Listen to Sharon’s story today!
Stories Sharon shared:
- Growing up in the NW suburbs of Chicago in a Christian family
- How a baptism service captured her heart
- The experience that brought her to tears after college
- A charismatic experience that changed her life
- Why experiences needs to be added to how we learn about God
- Her first lesson in listening to the Holy Spirit
- Entering ministry at Willow Creek Association and then having to leave
- How she was inspired to create Listen to My Life
- The story that made her cry and helped her realize why she has to keep going
Great quotes from Sharon:
My experience was God was a cosmic line judge waiting to tell me if I was in or out of bounds.
Our box for God is so small and so confided… and God kinda blows the sides off of it on a regular basis.
God always met me very invitationally, lovingly and humorously.
It’s a seismic shift in perspective from discontent to contentment.
Resources we mentioned:
- OneLife Maps website
- OneLife Maps on Facebook
- The Critical Journey, Stages in the Life of Faith, Second Edition by Janet O. Hagberg and Robert A. Guelich
- A Listening Heart by David Steindl-Rast
- One Life Maps Podcast
Refresh your relationship with Jesus by changing your relationship with the Bible.
Try my brand new Bible experience, Jesus is Willing: An 8 Day Experience.