Esmie Lawrence is a former Olympian, podcaster, and life coach dedicated to help women live the life they’re meant to live. Today, she shares how she came to Christ, drifted away during her training, and ultimately grew closer to him than ever before. She struggled with depression but was able to overcome it to live the life she wanted and be the best she could once more. Her story will push you to find your passion for Christ and for life.
Listen to Esmie’s story now!
Stories Esmie shared:
- Born in Jamaica and emigrating to Canada at 12 years old
- How the caring community of her church led her to give her life to Christ
- A story of her mother’s faith
- Getting too busy for Christ as she trained for the Olympics
- Running to school in Jamaica and the feelings sports gave her
- Forgetting God as she trained for the Olympics
- What she learned about herself by training for and appearing in the Olympics
- Her depression after the Olympics
- The feelings of abandonment by God she suffered
- The moment she surrendered her life again
- Taking responsibility for praying for her family after her mom died
- How she became a coach
Great quotes from Esmie:
That’s what I want to look like when it’s my turn to die: I want that light of God in me.
In order to be an elite anything, you have to push yourself.
In order to achieve anything, you must have a goal.
Resources we mentioned:
- I Am Still Here: Trials Turned into Transformation an anthology
- Esmie’s Podcast: Sprinting to Success
- Esmie’s Website: EsmieLawance.com
- The Dark Night of the Soul by John of the Cross