Tracy Higley is a writer, serial entrepreneur, and mom with a passion for helping women become unstuck in life. Today Tracy shares stories about owning her faith, losing a child and facing the fact that she was addicted to getting things done. In a world focused on constant productivity her story resonates with us all during the busy season surrounding Christmas. She was driven to the end of herself before she was able to realize she didn’t have to do it all. Her story will inspire you to ask important questions about what you truly want during this season and your life.
Listen to Tracy’s story now!
Stories Tracy shared:
- Running on dual tracks as an author and business person
- The moments when her faith became her own
- Becoming a “classic overachiever” in high school
- Not feeling valuable unless she was doing something for the Lord
- Learning to get still and observe the Sabbath
- How losing a child and a pregnancy changed her parenting
- How she felt when God didn’t seem to be holding up his end of the deal
- The Christmas Eve when she realized she was burned out
- Realizing she was addicted to getting things done
- Throwing away her to-do lists and trusting God to remind her
- The questions we should ask ourselves
Great quotes from Tracy:
How much of this Christian life is really performance based?
What is there nothing I can do to have things go my way?
We early on learned that our kids belong to God.
Resources we mentioned:
- Tracy’s website
- Tracy’s course: Impactivity
- The Critical Journey, Stages in the Life of Faith, Second Edition
- Impactivity: What if you’re working hard on all the wrong things?
- Tracy’s Impactivity podcast