John Morgan is an inspirational speaker and George W. Bush impersonator. John overcame decades long fear to step into a calling as a performer. Today, John shares the devastating grip fear had on him, the wilderness fear led him to, and how the Lord led him to freedom. We also talk about listening to “nudges from God” and learning the hard way to live without regret. This episode is full of laughs as John does his thing, too. John’s story will inspire you to ask “What am I allowing fear to keep me from?”
Please listen to and share John’s story!
Stories John shared:
- Why he is willing to be called an imitator of Christ
- Nearly dying after falling off a diving board
- Finding Christ at age 18 when his mom dragged him to church
- Praying for a wife and how the Lord brought him a wife
- How he experiences nudges from God
- The moment he stopped striving to know God’s will
- How he started impersonating George W. Bush
- How his wife discovered his new career
- The way he approached God to find out if he should pursue impersonation
- Giving up the lead in a play because of fear
- How he overcame the fear and found himself
- Declaring war on unbelief and fear
Great quotes from John:
That day, I found the missing piece and it fit perfectly into my heart. It was a person; his name is Jesus.
When we simply take him at his word and believe him life takes on a dramatic and amazing dimension.
How do you know it’s not God?
I wrongly believed if you don’t try you can’t fail.
The way you overcome a fear is to take a step toward it.
Fear and unbelief work in tandem to keep us away from our relationship with God.
Resources John mentioned:
- John Morgan’s website and how to book him
- War On Fear: What Would You Do If You Were Not Afraid? by John Morgan