Sean Douglas is an Air Force Veteran, TEDx Speaker, Master Resilience Implementer, International Radio Show Host, Business Strategist, and author. Yes, he’s really busy! Today, Sean shares how he overcame abuse and alcoholism, found Christ, and began to discovered how the Lord want to use him. Sean grew up in an guilt-laden, religious home thinking God only wanted to punish him. It wasn’t until his wife dragged him to church years later that he finally understood how the grace of God could take his troubled past and turn it into a vision for helping many like him.
Listen and share Sean’s story today!
Stories Sean shared:
- Sean shares about his businesses and speaking opportunities
- Growing up in a serious Roman Catholic family and dealing with guilt and fear
- The questions that his religion raised but couldn’t answer
- Joining the Air Force after 9/11
- Escaping from his abusive step-father
- Developing a drinking problem in the military and the problems that caused including his house burning down
- Attempting suicide in 2008
- Becoming a drill instructor and finding his passion to speak
- Discovering John Maxwell and leadership training
- Giving his life to Christ after his wife dragged him to church
- The song that brought him to his knees in surrender to Jesus
- The moment God gave him the name to his podcast
- Learning to hear from God in everyday situations
- His vision for the Success Corps
Great quotes from Sean:
What will I do more of than anyone else?
We pour our life into our spiritual journey now.
Now, almost every decision I make, I listen for that little voice.
Resources Sean mentioned (Amazon affiliate links that send a commission to me if you use it):
- Sean’s website The Success Corp and podcast Life Transformation Radio
- Sean’s book Decisions: The Power To Overcome Self-Defeating Behaviors
- The Bridge Church in North Carolina
- Sean’s LinkedIn and Facebook and groups