Mary DeMuth is the author of thirty-six books. But it’s the story behind why she started writing and how the Lord used the process to heal her that will fascinate you. Mary shares her story of sexual abuse as a child, her chaotic home, and knowing nothing of God beyond swear words. When she found Jesus, he used the writing process to bring her to joy. Today, Mary explains how that process worked and the advocate she is becoming for victims of abuse. Her joy is hard won and beautiful as a result. I know you will be changed by her story!
Please listen and share Mary’s story.
Stories Mary shared:
- Her podcast Pray Every Day
- Her chaotic and difficult childhood and knowing nothing about God beyond swear words
- Finding Jesus through YoungLife
- Why sharing her story helped her heal
- Becoming a writer and publishing
- Writing her story and how it helped her heal
- Becoming a missionary to France
- Overcoming sex abuse through marriage
- Why she wrote The Seven Deadly Friendships
- How her love for the church drives her message for it
- The Good Samaritan and victims of abuse
Great quotes from Mary:
The Lord used the bent that he made me to be the avenue of healing.
An untold story never heals.
You will heal in waves and layers.
We have expelled the tutors from our midst.
Resources we mentioned:
- The Seven Deadly Friendships: How to Heal When Painful Relationships Eat Away at Your Joy by Mary DeMuth
- Building the Christian Family You Never Had: A Practical Guide for Pioneer Parents by Mary DeMuth
- Mary’s website