Tony Weedor is a regional director with Advancing Native Mission sending people back to their home countries with the Gospel. Today, Tony shares how he found Christ, what it cost him, and how God is using him now. Tony grew up in a Muslim family in Liberia and describes for us the division and turmoil that country experienced. He is a man of great questions and the Lord used his questions to lead him to Christ when he stumbled into a Bible study one day. The missionaries were not afraid of questions and his heart came alive when he heard the answers. Tony’s story will take you out of North America and into a world few of us get to see.
Please listen and share Tony’s story!
Stories Tony shared:
- Growing up in a Muslim family in Liberia where slavery was still part of the culture
- The racial and tribal division of Liberia in his youth
- The many questions about his faith that he could not ask
- The missionaries who were not afraid of his question
- The differences between how God is portrayed in the Bible and the Koran
- Making a “mistake” and attending a Bible study
- The woman who led him to Christ because she was tired of his questions
- Why he didn’t tell his family about his conversion for three years
- What his mother said when he told her about his conversion
- The pain of being rejected by his mother and family
- Walking from Liberia to Ivory Coast
- His mission to refugees
- The fruit of mission work throughout the world
- Learning how to wait for God to open doors
Great quotes from Tony:
The concept of sin and forgiveness was not in my worldview as a Muslim.
In the name of Jesus Christ, demons will have to flee. Who is this guy?
You wash five times a day. You pray five times a day. But you can’t wash your heart. You can’t wash your mind.
If I tell you how many Muslims are coming to Christ through dreams and visions, whether from Pakistan to Egypt, Bangledesh to Nigeria, Nigera to South Africa, you won’t believe it.
Resources Tony mentioned (all links below are Amazon affiliate links and I may be paid a small commission if you use them):
- The Francis A. Schaeffer Trilogy: Three Essential Books in One Volume by Francis Schaeffer
- The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
- Out of the Ashes: My Journey from Tragedy to Redemption by Elizabeth Fahn-Weedor, Tony’s wife