Marie White is an author, Tedx speaker, and YouTuber. Today she shares the story of how the most difficult time in her life became the catalyst for her work as an author. Marie takes us into the moment when she discovered her child was missing, how she cried out to God, and the intimacy she finds with him as she trusts him. She faced every parent’s nightmare and then wrote the book to help other parents going through similar circumstances and found a wider audience than she imagined. Marie’s story is a powerful example of how God turns tragedy into trust.
Please listen and share Marie’s story!
Stories Marie shared:
- Growing up going to church
- Feeling unworthy of Jesus for three days after her husband found Jesus
- Discovering her husbands secret Bible reading
- Sharing the Gospel with her family
- Her family’s mission to foster children
- How she felt when her youngest child was abducted
- The unexplained peace she feels about the situation
- The powerful moment she couldn’t hold the sorrow in anymore and cried out to God
- Why she wrote her first book, God’s Love for LGBTQI
- How God used the worst event of her life to channel her creativity to YouTube
- The intimacy with God she felt as she trusted him for her child
- What she’s learned about trusting God
- Going on a “laughter diet” for health
Great quotes from Marie:
I knew Jesus and I knew I wasn’t good enough.
When the sobs felt forced, I sat up, wiped my face, and went back to sweeping again.
We all have a tendency to marinate on things. We need to hand them to God and let go and that is extremely difficult.
Resources Marie shared:
- Marie’s YouTube channel Bible Stories for Adults
- Marie’s TedX talk
- God’s Love for LGBTQI by Marie White
- Strength for Parents of Missing Children: Surviving Divorce, Abduction, Runaways and Foster Care by Marie White