Coleen Sharp is the host of the Theology Gals Podcast. Today, Coleen shares her story of how suffering revealed her firm foundation. She grew up in the church and never remembers a time without faith. But she did have questions and they led her deeper into the Bible and theology. Coleen shares the ways being a mother shaped her faith. When her family entered a period of suffering and illness she found comfort in Psalms where we can learn how to just cry with others. Coleen’s story shows how a solid understanding of God’s character and love can sustains us through immense suffering of all kinds.
Please listen and share Coleen’s story!
Stories Coleen shared:
- Starting the Theology Gals Podcast
- Growing up in a Christian home as the daughter of parents who worked for Billy Graham
- She cannot remember not trusting in Christ
- Her early passion for knowing what is in the Bible
- How reading the Old Testament gave her a foundation for understanding God
- Becoming a woman who mentors others
- The unexpected ways being a mom shaped her relationship with God
- The suffering that caused her son to leave the faith
- How the Psalms help her trust the Lord
- Why building a foundation of faith is crucial
- How to help people who are suffering with service and presence
Great quotes from Coleen:
Every Christian is a theologian.
The Lord used parenting in my life to sanctify me.
I want to trust you, Lord, but what if you don’t do what I want you to do?
Resources Coleen mentioned:
- Theology Gals Podcast
- Find Theology Gals on Facebook
- Mentioned by me: Doug Groothius’ Episode on Halfway There