Phil Gauthier is the host of the God Watch Podcast and has become a good friend. Today he shares his story of coming to Christ after doing drugs all night on a lakeshore, learning the character of God, and starting his own podcast. Phil is a true entrepreneur who has his own plumbing business in Des Moines, Iowa. You will hear his heart for sharing the Good News of God’s love for people. Phil’s show encourages you to embrace where God has you and to come out on the other side of struggle stronger.
Please listen to this show with Phil and share with a friend. And go to iTunes to subscribe to God Watch.
Stories Phil shared:
- We chat about making Christian podcasting
- The moment at the lake when he gave his life to Christ
- A near death experience that convinced him it was time to give up drugs
- Finding the character of God as his means for growth
- How he shares the Gospel with people he meets every day and why openness is crucial
- Why millennials represent an opportunity for the church
- What makes God feel distant sometimes
- Why he decided to start the God Watch Podcast
- What he’s learned from listening to stories for his podcast
Great quotes from Phil:
I needed to pursue God but it turned out he was pursuing me the whole time.
If you don’t understand his character, you can’t understand his love, his compassion, and the greatness that is him.
Nearly every day I’m talking about Jesus with a stranger.
If you stick with it, you come out on the other side stronger.
The stories we share happen every day in churches, every day among friends.
Resources Phil mentioned: