Ken L. Roberts is a former pastor and church planter turned author and life coach. Today he shares the story of how God led him to the sweet spot of his life. The story winds through the most challenging moments in his life including hitting a spiritual wall while serving as a pastor and the unexpected death of his wife. Ken shares that being on a deeper journey with God helped him through those difficult moments and led to his current period of ministry helping believers break through the wall and leaders “live well while they lead well.”
Please listen and share with a friend!
Stories Ken shared:
- Growing up as a pastor’s kid and giving his life to Christ at age 7
- Feeling called to ministry at age 17
- The gap between what he believed and what they were doing
- Stumbling into new spiritual disciplines that refreshed his spirit
- The tragic death of his wife and choosing to embrace God in it
- Bringing together all the pieces to find his sweet spot
- The three nails he wants to pound for the rest of his life
Great quotes from Ken:
An animal won’t come out unless you’re quiet. Your soul is the same way.
I’m more settled with mysteries than I used to be.
Resources Ken mentioned:
- Unexpected: Navigating Life’s Unforeseen Turns (Faith)
- Staying Power
- Life Focus Course
- The Making of a Leader: Recognizing the Lessons and Stages of Leadership Development by Dr. J. Robert Clinton
- Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard Foster
- The Critical Journey, Stages in the Life of Faith, Second Edition by Janet O. Hagberg and Robert A. Guelich