- How he found Jesus through Young Life
- Finding Spiritual formation and how that shaped him
- Hearing God’s call on a beach (John 21)
- Seminary and the head vs. heart issue
- Rediscovering his creative heart through graphic design
- Lectio divina as a spiritual formation tool and how to practice it
- Hitting the wall when his father was diagnosed with terminal cancer and his church fell apart at the same time
- How a spiritual director helped him unlock his creativity
Great quotes form Matt:
Realizing that God created me in that way, and is excited when I utilize that creative side was just a real gift to me.
Lectio davina helps us be with God.
Resources Matt mentioned (affiliate links):
- Matt’s FREE email course for Halfway There listeners! Sign up now.
- The Divine Conspiracy: Rediscovering Our Hidden Life In God
- The Spirit of the Disciplines: Understanding How God Changes Lives
- Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard Foster
- Meeting God in Scripture: A Hands-On Guide to Lectio Divina
- School of Spiritual Direction