Jimmy Jones is a youth worker to underserved children in Denver and Sheridan, CO. Today, Jimmy shares his heart and calling to serve those children. He traces his story from being one of those kids in the Five Points neighborhood of Denver, being drawn to the Gospel, giving his life to Christ at camp, and embracing his call to minister to his neighborhood. Jimmy’s life proves the value of giving a little time to share the Gospel or to disciple a new believer is time well spent.
Hope you are encouraged to offer what you’ve received through Jimmy’s story.
Stories Jimmy shared:
- Growing up in the Five Points neighborhood in Denver
- The big rock he sat on at Camp Frontier where he gave his life to Christ
- Meeting his wife Andrea at Camp Elam
- Bill Glover, the man who discipled him
- Deciding to be the person who
- Moving to Texas and discovering a mission
- The vision that drove him to share the Gospel with kids in Dallas
- The part of the process that breaks Jimmy’s heart
- The success that said it was time to move back to Denver
- Why cookies are better than hours
Great quotes from Jones:
I wish I had a testimony to share how my life has changed.
I believe in giving back that which you have received, it doesn’t matter what that is.
Our job is to sow the seed.
The goal was to let these kids know that they are valued.
You don’t have to be what everyone says you’re going to be.
Resources mentioned by Jimmy: