This episode is a continuation of our conversation with Jan Costas.
Jan Costas is one of the sweetest and courageous people I know. She and her husband Mike took the trip of a lifetime last year that really changed them and their relationship when they did the Camino de Santiago, which is an ancient pilgrimage. Jan learned a number of significant lessons on the trail and she shares them with us.
Some of the stories Jan shares:
- What she told herself to keep herself going after the Camino did not start the way she expected. (3:00)
- The moment she are her husband Mike got on the same page about the journey (7:29)
- The guitarist that appeared from nowhere and no one else saw (18:48)
- How God showed her love on the journey and what the thin spaces meant to her (20:36)
- How she became the blister queen (27:09)
- The time she turned down God’s overture (31:47)
- What she learned about the journey with God by taking a long journey (46:09)
Poco a poco. Little by little. Step by step.
One thing common to all pilgrims is sore feet.
Pilgrims take care of each other.
A pilgrim does not backtrack.
We hadn’t even asked. We just talked. And God provided.
If you haven’t subscribed in iTunes, or left a rating & review for Halfway There, please do that right now! It helps more people find us. Thanks!